Thursday, September 8, 2011

Don't Be Afraid Just Because You're Young


     We're being plagued today with the lie of, "I can't do anything for God because I'm too young." millions of young people are believing this falsehood, including me.

    "Oh, God won't use me now.... He'll use me when I'm older. Like thirty." or, "I can't even drive yet so how can God expect me to do great things for Him? I'll just wait..." why do we let Satan control our lives? Yes, when we think those thoughts Satan is controlling our lives. He is using us for his advantage, not God's. And it breaks my heart to say that I too have thought the very same thoughts, this morning even, and most of the time went along with them.
"Ah, Lord God! Behold I cannot speak for I am a youth."
 But the LORD said to me:
"Do not say, 'I am a youth,' For you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you." says the LORD. Jeremiah 1: 6b-8

Wow. Jeremiah thought like us. Look and see what God said to Jeremiah and is saying to us today. "Do not say, 'I am youth,' For you shall go to all to whom I send you, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, for I am with you to deliver you." When I read that it gives me courage, a courage to do more for Him.

Rejoice, O young man, in your youth, and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth; walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight of your eyes; but know that for all these,God will bring you into judgment. Therefore remove sorrow from your heart, and put away evil from your flesh, for childhood and youth are vanity. Remember now your Creator in the days of your youth, before the difficult days come, and the years draw near when you say, "I have no pleasure in them". Ecclesiastes 11:9-12:1

 Solomon isn't telling us here to do what we want when we want. He's telling  warning us to not forget God and to do His works in the days of our youth.
Let no one dispise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. ... Do not neglect the gift that is given to you by prophecy... 1 Timothy 4:12 and 14a

My brothers and sisters in Christ, please don't let Satan control your life with these lies! Stay strong in Him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ohh! Love your blog :)
I'm following you for sure!
Check out my blog too!

{Rebekah Brielle}

All content owned by Emily Ann. Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Labels

Post Archive